Oil and Gas Equipment Quality Assurance
Our Customer was using a set of excel files, that he used for collecting information about inspection reports, time, relevant costs. At some point it become inefficient, hard to maintain and become an obstacle in further business development.
- Inefficient integration of components
- Lack of analysis possibilities
- Manual processing of documents
- ‘Spaghetti’ workflow
- High risk of human errors during manual cost calculations and invoicing
What we did:
We analyzed and mapped out the workflow, business entities and their relationships. We have documented Use Cases their team are involved with.
We began developing the application by automating critical use cases first and step by step we have integrated the entire workflow.
An iterative and incremental approach allowed us to create and support a robust application, which nowadays is becoming an industry standard.
- Tracking contracts and their budgets
- Tracking Inspectors time and expenses
- Production of endpoint customer documentation (Inspection Reports, Release Notes, Non-Conformance Reports).
- Cost analysis
- KPI Dashboard
Veterinary Healthcare Business
The customer had several locations and various veterinary management software systems that were incompatible, leading to a vast amount of unusable data.
- Multiple software vendors with incompatible data structure
- Current reporting applications supplied by major software vendors were slow, limited, and challenging to modify
- These problems prevented management from running business-wide reports and seeing data from different locations in one report, leading to limited capability to make efficient business decisions
What we did:
We analyzed the business entities, their relationships, and data flows. As a result, we designed a compact and robust application capable of parsing data from existing software and providing quick and relevant business reports for all levels of management.
- Management can now access real-time, relevant reports
- Our reporting system outperformed existing applications by a significant margin
- The new system offers much more flexibility and scalability
- Compact, transparent and business-relevant database structure
- Easy to build customized reports.
- Pre-built reports for all levels of management.
Car Dealerships and Multi-Unit Apartment Rentals
Car dealerships with hundreds or even thousands of cars face serious issues with tracking keys.
Dealerships struggle with identifying where each key set is at any given moment.
- they may not be able to find a key to show a customer a car
- get a blocked car from the parking lot, as they cannot identify which cars are blocking the required car
- this situation may lead to malicious use of inventory
What we did:
- We identified the requirements for both software and hardware of the system
- We communicated the hardware requirements to a third-party team and managed the product development and quality assurance process
- We developed the software part of the system, performed quality assurance for the entire system
- We participated in the presentation of the system at the Las Vegas Car Show
- The hardware part with an intelligent key stand and smart key tags, which transmit information about who took or returned which keys and when
- The software part tracks and logs the information from the key stand and tags
- Access management allows for limiting certain inventory categories to specified employees
- The transaction log is the centerpiece of communication between the hardware and software parts
- Reporting system provides information about the location and usage of keys